Thursday, September 11, 2008

Westwood vs. Culver City

So, we're moving.

My company is moving from Westwood to Culver City.

Not the "good" part of Culver City where there are now awesome restaurants, wine bars and art galleries. No, we're south of "Ladera Heights" (which I just learned is the name of that hill-y part of La Cienega Blvd.) in a sort of commercial zone.

If I sound annoyed, that's not the case at all. The building itself is actually really nice and I have a cool little office with enough space for potentially a small couch and a dorm-sized fridge. It's just leaving the awesomeness that is Westwood Village and all of the cool restaurants, necessity stores (like Rite-Aid, banks, etc.) and the like.

I'm sure it will take a bit getting used to, like if I forget to bring food it either means I starve or I'm forced to take an hour and a half lunch break OR the fact that my gym is no longer across the street from my building (and from what I've heard, 24 Hour Fitness is no Equinox).

In any case, tomorrow is a short day due to the move and this weekend is pretty jam-packed with things to do and take care of ... so Monday might prove interesting with all of the discombobulation from having to go to the new building, getting set up and exploring the area. I'm sure at least one of my employees will get in late simply from getting lost.

Here we go!

No comments: