Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Working Late

I don't know about you, but my work day is filled with distractions: meetings, questions from the team, meetings, calls with business partners, meetings, and ... you guessed it, meetings.

Let's take today for example. I had eight meetings totaling 5.5 hours from 11AM all the way to 6:30PM. WTF?! I realize that it's something I can change (block out my calendar, be an ass and just decline, etc.), but many of these meetings are either a) actually important or b) require me being there to answer any questions.

In any case, I find that the morning hours are usually unproductive when it comes to actually getting "work" done since I'm usually responding to emails and catching up on today's headlines. Since apparently I'm in too many meetings to actually get work done during NORMAL business hours, I'm at my best when I'm working late.

It's really quiet in the office right now, and if my boss saw this post he'd be wondering, "why isn't he just doing work so he can get out of there rather than blog?" and frankly, I don't know either ... but let me just say that having no one in the office besides the cleaning ladies is somewhat soothing.

Real men start work at 8PM.

No comments: